How do you retain these controls and their data when performing an otherwise destructive postback? ASP.NET programmers usually find that a web search will provide little in the way of answers to this question. This Wrox Blox provides two solutions for this common problem. The solutions proposed include using the ASP.NET Session object to hold the dynamic controls, and accessing the page’s Form objects before they are destroyed. Both of these solutions have their advantages and drawbacks. Using ASP.NET 2.0 with C# and VB.NET, you will explore both solutions and see the best situations in which to use them.
Usage Rights for Wiley Wrox Blox
Any Wrox Blox you purchase from this site will come with certain restrictions that allow Wiley to protect the copyrights of its products. After you purchase and download this title, you:
- Are entitled to three downloads
- Are entitled to make a backup copy of the file for your own use
- Are entitled to print the Wrox Blox for your own use
- Are entitled to make annotations and comments in the Wrox Blox file for your own use
- May not lend, sell or give the Wrox Blox to another user
- May not place the Wrox Blox file on a network or any file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone other than yourself to access it
- May not copy the Wrox Blox file other than as allowed above
- May not copy, redistribute, or modify any portion of the Wrox Blox contents in any way without prior permission from Wiley
If you have any questions about these restrictions, you may contact Customer Care at (877) 762-2974 (8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday). If you have any issues related to Technical Support, please contact us at 800-762-2974 (United States only) or 317-572-3994 (International) 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday).