- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
E-Commerce: Fundamentals and Applications Paperback – Dec 21 2001
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Available as a paperback student edition, the book is excellent value for money" (Computer Bulletin, May 2002)
From the Back Cover
Learning how to build useful e-commerce applications is challenging and exciting because it involves knowing a little about a lot of different computing technologies including networking, security, programming, human computer interface design and database design. This is a book that brings breadth in its coverage of technologies and discusses how to integrate them to achieve business aims.
It covers the full range of relevant web technologies and protocols and it focuses particularly on techniques that are most suitable for e-commerce application building.
"highly recommendable ...The major strength of the book is the fact that it is comprehensive, and that by following the code examples, readers will be able to actually see how e-commerce web sites can be put together. "
Fintan Clear , Brunel University
"the text clearly provides an extremely full and appropriate coverage of the issues. As such it has major market potential as a core text for both postgraduate and undergraduate e-commerce programmes."
Ian Chaston, Reader in Management University of Plymouth, UK
"a very comprehensive and up to date description of the use of the internet to buy and sell goods and services. It covers all the major types of e-commerce, Business to Business (B2B), Business to Consumer (B2C), Consumer to Business (C2B) and Consumer to Consumer (C2C)."
David Wortley, Mass Mitec.
"the technical content is excellent"
Maxime Bombardier, Senior Computer Systems Analyst, Sintaks, a Canon USA Division
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > E-commerce > Internet Marketing
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Retailing
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Multilevel
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Web Marketing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > E-Commerce
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs > Networks
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Multilevel
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Web Marketing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Marketing
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking