Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - PlayStation 3
- For the unknown
There is a newer version of this item:
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Step inside the most richly detailed and vibrant game-world ever created. Oblivion is the latest chapter in the epic and highly successful Elder Scrolls saga and utilizes the latest PC and next-generation video game hardware to fully immerse the player into the experience. With a powerful combination of freeform gameplay and unprecedented graphics, players can unravel the main quest at their own pace or explore the vast world and make their own challenges.
After the mysterious and untimely death of the Emperor, desperate factions vie for control of Tamriels throne. With the empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion open and demons march upon the land, laying waste to everything in their path. To turn the tide of darkness the player must find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.
- Return of the Elder Scrolls: the sequel to the best-selling, role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, which has sold over 2.5 million units in North America on Xbox and PC.
- Live another life in another world: gamers can create and play any character they can imagine, from the noble warrior to the sinister assassin to the wizened sorcerer.
- Next-generation graphics: pixel-shader effects and high-definition televisions are fully supported to create unprecedented visuals, including lifelike towns, dungeons, and the most realistic forests ever created in a game.
- First-person melee and magic: an all-new combat and magic system brings first-person role playing to a new level of intensity where you feel every blow.
- Radiant AI: Groundbreaking AI system gives Oblivions characters full 24/7 schedules and the ability to make their own choices based on the world around them. Non-player characters eat, sleep, and complete goals all on their own.
- Realistic characters: Features over 1,000 non-player characters who come to life like never before with facial animations, lip-synching, and full speech. They even engage in unscripted conversations with each other.
- Open-ended game play and short challenges: The enormous world of Oblivion is open, allowing players to explore at their own pace. Players will encounter shorter challenges such as fighting bandits, mixing potions, and creating magic along the way to unraveling the main quest.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
In the fantasy world of Tamriel, on the continent of Cyrodil, dark powers plot the total destruction of a lustrous, beautiful world by opening inter dimensional portals into Tamriel, and unleashing armies of demons upon the armies of Men, following the assassination of Emperor Uriel Septim.
After a brief introduction to the gameplay, the character is thrust into the world of Tamriel, free to do as they please. The first thing one notices is the attention to detail. No expense was spared in bringing the world of Tamriel to life. The landscape is lush and green, with rolling hills and beaten paths, plants and trees that gust in the wind, and weather effects that are remarkably realistic. The passage of time is regulated by night-and-day cycles, with many nights offering beautiful views of a star-filled sky and two beautiful moons (provided it's not a cloudy night.) The creatures in Oblivion look, move, and sound real, right down to every detail. Other people in the world go about their daily routines, talk amongst one another, eat, sleep, harvest crops, ride horses... the list goes on!
Oblivion is very open ended, with only one real quest line that keeps the game's progress linear. You don't HAVE to do the main quest at all if you don't want to, and should you choose not to do it, you won't be penalized at all.
There's no obligation to be a typical Fighter/Wizard/Thief type character either. Oblivion offers a variety of other classes to play. There are the standard Fighter/Wizard/Thief types, as well as some hybrid classes.Read more ›
It's an RPG, and probably the best action-rpg i've ever played, and I've been gaming for 15 years. I wont go into the story, because you can read up on that elsewhere, or better yet, experience it yourself by playing the game. Even though it's been out for almost 5 years, i still consider it the best looking game on PS3 to date. I've played Fallout: New Vegas and Gran Turismo 5 (recent titles) and Oblivion still looks better. You can seriously get immersed in this game and lose yourself (and sense of time).
It's a level-based game (1 to 100 i believe) and theres an endless combination of character classes you can make, not to mention all the interesting weapons / items in the game to keep you occupied.
I recently jumped back into it and started a new character which I've put about 80 hours into, and he's only level 16... So it will definitely keep you busy for awhile without getting boring. BUY IT!
Be prepared for days (or months) of dedication.
The skill (and perk system) is much more customizable in Skyrim, but there are still plenty of interesting ways to customize your character. The main annoyances would be the armor repair system (which was subsequently removed) and other minor things like arrows having weight.
Most recent customer reviews
Fast shipping, game works great. Will def be a repeat customer. Thanks.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Elder scroll fan, what to say... Do you remember Daggerfall? Ah... but, times change.Published 4 months ago by Pavol Zibrita