- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Electrical Transients in Power Systems Hardcover – Apr 18 1991
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
The principles of the First Edition--to teach students and engineers the fundamentals of electrical transients and equip them with the skills to recognize and solve transient problems in power networks and components--also guide this Second Edition. While the text continues to stress the physical aspects of the phenomena involved in these problems, it also broadens and updates the computational treatment of transients. Necessarily, two new chapters address the subject of modeling and models for most types of equipment are discussed. The adequacy of the models, their validation and the relationship between model and the physical entity it represents are also examined. There are now chapters devoted entirely to isolation coordination and protection, reflecting the revolution that metal oxide surge arresters have caused in the power industry. Features additional and more complete illustrative material--figures, diagrams and worked examples. An entirely new chapter of case studies demonstrates modeling and computational techniques as they have been applied by engineers to specific problems.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
An electrical transient is the outward manifestation of a sudden change in circuit conditions, as when a switch opens or closes or a fault occurs on a system. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Energy > Electric
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Power Systems
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks