| Left 4 Dead 2 is the sequel to the best-selling and critically-acclaimed co-op multiplayer smash from Valve, creators of the Half-life, Portal, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike game properties. With multiple multiplayer options both on and offline, extensive AI custom functionality, four character options, new melee weapons and more, Left 4 Dead 2 promises to become one of 2009's best shooters on the PC platform and set a new benchmark for co-op centric action games. |
Battle the infected again in the sequel to Valve's original hit.
Superior online and offline multiplayer and co-op gameplay.
Utilize a mix of available weaponry.
New and familiar game modes.
Improved AI customization functionality.
Left 4 Dead 2 is set at roughly the same time as the original – just after the outbreak that turned most of the population into various zombie mutants. Players assume the role of four new "Survivors," each with their own personality and new dialog. The game leads these "Survivors" through the southeastern region of the US - from Savannah, Georgia through the bayou country, and climaxing in New Orleans’ French Quarter. Gameplay
Just as with the original Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2 is a first-person shooter which pits players against hordes of zombie-like enemies. As you would expect in a scenario where you are regularly surrounded by masses of the undead, it is very good thing to have plenty of help, as well as weapons at your disposal, and Left 4 Dead 2 has players covered on both accounts. The game features several multiplayer options including 2-8 player online and offline support in several modes seen in the first game, including Campaign, Versus, and Survival, as well as the new Scavenge Mode. This new multiplayer option tasks players, in the role of survivors to find a limited number of fuel canisters hidden in a level in order to keep their individual generators going, while other players in the role of the infected try to stop them. In addition the game features very strong co-op play support, with 2-player support locally and 2-4 player support online. The game features a wealth of melee weapons and additional items handy for battling enemies up-close and personal. Along with melee weapons seen in the first game, players can look forward to wielding new weapons like axes, chainsaws, frying pans, etc. Firearms are also available, but seeing as zombie fighting usually requires a little elbow grease, melee weapons are the mainstay. In addition, players can carry other useful items, including a variety of throwing weapons and several different kinds of support items, like flashlights to startle enemies and light the way in dark environments and healing items like first aid kit and defibrillator kits. Customize with AI Director 2.0
Introducing the AI Director 2.0, Left 4 Dead 2's dynamic gameplay is taken to the next level by giving the Director the ability to procedurally change weather effects, world objects, and pathways in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match the players' performance. The result is a unique game session custom fitted to provide a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience each time the game is played. Key Features
- Quality Co-op Gameplay - Left 4 Dead 2 features quality next generation co-op action gaming from the makers of Half-life, Portal, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike.
- AI Director 2.0 - Advanced technology dubbed "The AI Director" drives Left 4 Dead’s unique gameplay – customizing enemy population, effects, and music, based upon the players’ performance. Left 4 Dead 2 features "AI Director 2.0," which expands the Director’s ability to customize level layout, world objects, weather, and lighting to reflect different times of day.
- New Melee Weapons – Put a whole slew of melee weapons including axes, chainsaws, frying pans and baseball bats to use which allow you to get up close with the zombies.
- Meet "The Survivors" - The game features four different survivors, a new storyline and new dialogue.
- More Game - On day one, Left 4 Dead 2 features more cooperative campaigns, more campaigns and maps for the versus game modes than the original Left 4 Dead did, plus support for Survival Mode right out of the box.
| || Minimum |
|OS: ||Windows 7, Vista, Vista 64, XP |
|Processor: ||3.0GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0, AMD64X2 (or higher) |
|RAM: ||1GB or more (XP), 2GB or more for other OS |
|Disc Drive: ||DVD-ROM drive |
|Hard Drive: ||At least 7.5 GB of free space |
|Video Card: ||DirectX 9 compatible video card (card must be 128MB or more and be DirectX 9 compatible with support for pixel shader 2.0b (ATI X800 or better, or NVIDIA 6600 or better)) |
|Sound Card: ||DirectX 9.0c compatible |
|Input Device: ||Mouse, keyboard or game pad || |