- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Electronic Circuits for the Evil Genius 2/E Paperback – Oct 15 2010
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
There is no doubt the book tries hard, despite the fact that it jumps around and often leaves you hanging with unanswered questions. It has useful information, and definitely teaches it's subject, but I just can't accept this book's errors.
People who are not particularly critical may not worry about it too much, but I am not in that category. I am an ex-professional programmer, software tester and manual writer, and would have thought that accuracy was important in anything involving electricity.
There appear to be errors right through this book. For example, a 100k ohm resistor later turns into a 20M ohm one without comment. At one point I was convinced that a particular paragraph was in the wrong chapter entirely. I won't waste time listing everything I found, but will leave you with the following rather Freudian example:
The final sentence of Lesson 29 in section 9 says "But Figure L29-2 offers hope." As you may have guessed, Figure 29-2 doesn't exist...
This is an outstanding book and the often noted errors are really minor! I haven't found a single circuit book anywhere that doesn't have some level of errors. You can download circuit apps for your smartphone or free SPICE emulators - circuit sims to check for errors, which is part of the learning experience and process. The author's website also shows errata, and the publisher actually gets back to you right away with any questions, service is great. Check out keyword Raspberry Pi here on Amazon too for the latest craze in microprocessor builds.
Library Picks always buys the items we review and we have nothing to do with Amazon, authors or publishers. Our reviews are strictly to help Amazon shoppers.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Circuitry > Circuit Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Circuits
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Digital Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Electromagnetism
- Books > Science & Math > Education > Experiments & Projects
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Electromagnetism
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences