Watch TV wirelessly on any Mac or PC in the house
HDHomeRun delivers live TV in full HD to any Mac or PC in your home network. It streams live TV wirelessly (if there is a Wi-Fi network) or delivers it via Ethernet. It connects to your existing TV antenna or cable TV outlet (basic digital cable, Clear QAM) and to your router.
- Watch and record live television on a Mac or PC anywhere in the house; two users can tune into different channels at the same time
- Stream live TV to computers wirelessly (if there is a Wi-Fi network) or via Ethernet
- Receive digital TV that is available over-the-air for free with an antenna (not included)
- Receive the unencrypted digital cable TV channels (Clear QAM) that may be offered by your cable provider
- Can be installed in a discreet location away from your computers
- Comes with EyeTV 3 software for Mac and a one-year subscription to TV Guide worth $19.95 USD; works great with Windows 7 Media Center.
Seamless operation on multiple computers
A dual tuner, HDHomeRun works seamlessly on multiple computers. One person can watch and record TV on a Mac, and at the same time a second person can watch and record a different channel on another computer, for instance a PC running Windows 7 Media Center. Or, one person can record a show and watch another show on a different channel.
Flexible placement options
Because HDHomeRun is a network device, one antenna or cable TV connection will serve every computer. Simply position HDHomeRun tuner out-of-sight near your TV antenna or cable outlet, and connect it to your Ethernet network.
If you do not have a home Wi-Fi network for wireless television and prefer not to run Ethernet cables to computers throughout the home, we suggest powerline adapters (not included) as an alternative. Powerline adapters can be used to route your network around your house over electrical power lines, so that your computers can access the network via a nearby electrical outlet on the wall.
Antenna or Cable, or Both
Connect HDHomeRun to your TV antenna to bring in the digital channels (referred to as ATSC) that are broadcast over-the-air for free. HDHomeRun can also be connected directly to your incoming cable line to receive the unencrypted digital (Clear QAM) channels that may be offered by your cable provider.
Superb quality digital TV recordings in full HD
EyeTV records digital TV in one quality setting, Lossless. The digital stream is recorded unaltered, so you get full quality digital content as encoded by the broadcaster.
Double your HDTV capacity
You can easily expand capacity★ by connecting additional HDHomeRuns to the network. EyeTV software and Windows Media Center share the pool of HDHomeRun tuners and automatically allocate them between computers as needed.
TV software for Mac
The included EyeTV 3 software from Elgato turns your Mac into the coolest TV and DVR in the house. This award-winning software enables you to:
- Watch, pause, and rewind live TV on your Mac
- Search two weeks of Program Guide listings; includes one year of free TV Guide data, with optional renewal for only $19.95 per year
- Set up schedules to record your favorite TV shows
- Edit out unwanted content
- Share recordings with other Macs on the same network
EyeTV 3 software offers special features for Mac users, including Smart Series Guides, Smart Playlists, automatic exports to iTunes, and support for the EyeTV for iPhone app.
Windows 7 Media Center
HDHomeRun is compatible with Windows 7 and works great with Windows Media Center. Microsoft’s Windows Media Center is included free with Windows Vista Home Premium and all versions of Windows 7.
- Macintosh: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/AMD CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- Home network with 100Base-T Ethernet (802.11n 5GHz for wireless)
What's in the box
- HDHomeRun Network Dual Tuner for HDTV
- EyeTV 3 software for Mac (CD-ROM)
- Driver for Microsoft Windows 7 Media Center (CD-ROM)
- Ethernet cable
- Power Supply
- PDF Product Manual (CD-ROM)
- Quick Start Guide