Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ CDN$ 10.99 shipping
+ CDN$ 9.98 shipping
Elgato Video Capture, Capture analog video for your Mac or PC, iPad and iPhone, white
|List Price:||CDN$ 131.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 118.98 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 13.01 (10%)|
- Transfer video from a VCR or other analog video source to your Mac or PC
- Easy-to-use software guides you through every step
- Captures video in the universal H.264 digital format - ready for iPad, iMovie, Windows Live Movie Maker, and YouTube
- World-ready; handles NTSC, SECAM, PAL and PAL/60 video
- Comes with Elgato Video Capture, Composite-to-SCART adapter, Composite video/RCA stereo cable
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Elgato Game Capture HD, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360, or Wii U gameplay, Full HD 1080p Nintendo Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4ELGATO SYSTEMSCDN$ 178.00
Digitize video from a VCR, camcorder and other analog video sources for playback on your Mac, PC and iPad. Transfer video to your Mac or PC from a VCR, DVR, camcorder, or any other analog video device as a high quality H.264 file. Elgato Video Capture’s easy-to-use software assists you through every step, from connecting an analog video device to capturing video and choosing how you will watch and share it. There is no easier way to digitize home videos to playback on your computer, to sync with an iPad or iPhone, to edit in iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker, or to upload to YouTube.
From the Manufacturer
Elgato Video Capture - Capture analog video for your Mac or PC, iPad and iPhone
Digitize video from a VCR, camcorder and other analogue video sources for playback on your Mac, PC and iPad.
Transfer video to your Mac or PC from a VCR, DVR, camcorder, or any other analogue video device as a high quality H.264 file. Elgato Video Capture’s easy-to-use software assists you through every step, from connecting an analogue video device to capturing video and choosing how you will watch and share it.
There is no easier way to digitize home video to playback on your computer, to sync with an iPad or iPhone, to edit in iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker, or to upload to YouTube.
Put family memories on your computer
The era of VHS tapes is winding down, and after three decades there is a lot of video content to transfer for modern playback devices. What’s more, any video stored on magnetic tape (such as VHS, Video8 and Hi8) has a limited life span and deteriorates over time.
Elgato Video Capture provides an easy way to bring those precious memories into iTunes or your Windows Media Player library.
Every step is made simple
Elgato Video Capture is very easy to use. The software assistant guides you through every step, from connecting an analogue video device to capturing video and choosing how you will watch and share it. The software offers a simple tool to trim the beginning and end of the captured video.
With just one click, you can add your video to iTunes or to your Windows Media Player library; you can play back the video on your computer or sync it with your iPad or iPhone; you can upload your video directly to YouTube; and you can edit it right away in iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker.
Video to your computer from a DVR, DVD Player, or Set-Top Box
Perhaps you’ve been given a DVD from a family event or reunion and you want to share it by posting it on your website or on YouTube. Or you’ve saved some great movies and TV shows on your DVR and want to play them back on your iPad.
Elgato Video Capture can connect and capture video to your Mac or PC from any device that has composite 'RCA' or S-Video outputs. It also comes with a SCART adapter.
- Elgato Video Capture
- Composite-to-SCART adapter
- Composite video/RCA stereo cable
Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later
PC: Windows 7 or later, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (or comparable), sound card
Elgato Video Capture automatically detects NTSC, SECAM, PAL and PAL/60 video formats for worldwide compatibility.
- Video resolution: 640×480 (4:3) or 640×360 (16:9)
- Video format Mac Software: H.264 at 1.4 MBit/sec or MPEG-4 at 2.4 MBit/se
- Video format PC Software: H.264 at 1.4 MBit/se
- Audio: AAC, 48kHZ, 128 kBit/sec
Generated files can be synced with video capable iPads, iPods, iPhones and Apple TV and can be edited in iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker without re-encoding.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Some minor quibbles.
1. The software must be installed from disk. Not every computer comes with a CD-ROM these days (my MacBook Air doesn't, although it works very well with the Elgato), and I would have liked a download option.
2. The menus are simple but sometimes maybe a little too limited in their options. For example, a recording can be set to turn off automatically after a certain amount of time - very useful if you want to leave a long tape recording while you go out. But the options for time are limited to exact lengths (1 hour, 2 hours, etc.) and the maximum is three hours. A typical two hour tape is just over 2 hours 2 minutes, or 6 hours 6 minutes on extended play. I would have liked these options on the recording menu, or a custom option where I could set my own length.
Overall, though, I am very pleased with this purchase. It has replaced a couple of older machines, and is a great way of converting shelves of old tapes into a small hard drive of files. It works, and works well.
Thanks Tim Yes,Yes Yes Yes Yes
The set up was very easy.
So far I have transferred 25 tapes without a problem.
Most recent customer reviews
This product is awesome. The easiest thing I have hooked up, setup was so simple. It recorded all my family videos which were starting to go funny in spots and eventually... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Jeannine
Exactly what I needed to transfer VHS to DVD. A little slow on deliveryPublished 24 days ago by Wooski1
I'm really enjoying the Elgato video capture. Love being able to see and hear my movie from the VCR on my computer screen and deciding what to keep. Best present I bought myself! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Love this product been using it for the last 5 days to convert my VHS tapes to MPEG4 videosPublished 2 months ago by Wayne Kaufman
seems to capture video just fine but is very limited in then user interface software. some more settings so the user could start and leave the product working unattended would be... Read morePublished 3 months ago by bruche007