Enchanted Isles: The Southern Gulf Islands Hardcover – Oct 22 2007
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Spalding's unusual textual treatment is as layered and unexpected as the islands themselves. Coffee table books like this are usually read; this one you experience. Somehow the flavour has gone into the mix along with the ingredients; how did they do that? The people, the places and the history all visually unfold on the page. A stunning gift book or to grace your own coffee table."
-Cherie Thiessen, January Magazine (Praise for Enchanted Isles)
About the Author
David Spalding wrote Enchanted Isles: The Southern Gulf Islands, illustrated by photographer Kevin Oke (Harbour, 2007), and The Flavours of Victoria (Orca, 1994) with his wife, Andrea, as well as a guide book to the islands. Andrea and David live on Pender Island, and between them are authors of more than forty books.
Kevin Oke has photographed diverse landscapes and cultures throughout the world with his work appearing in numerous books, magazines and travel guides. Kevin's latest book Enchanted Isles: The Southern Gulf Islands was published by Harbour Publishing in 2007. Kevin has lived on North Pender Island, BC, since 1990 and in the Cowichan Region on Vancouver Island for the past three years, where he works as a freelance photographer and artist.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Collections, Catalogues & Exhibitions
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Photo Essays
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Travel > Canada
- Books > History > Americas > Canada > Province & Local
- Books > History > Canada > Province & Local
- Books > History > Historical Study > Social History
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Travel > Canada