Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns represents the next step in technical analysis. This definitive text details over 50 chart patterns that signal whether a stock is in bullish, bearish, or neutral mode. It identifies each chart pattern, explains how and why each chart was formed, and where it will go next. You simply filter the information through your own trading style a nd strategy, watch for the optimal entry and exit points, and trade the market s with skill and confidence.
The step-by-step chapters in Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns reveal for each pattern:
*Results Snapshot -- At-a-glance data on chart appearance, average rise or decline, failure rate, and price prediction accuracy
* Broad introduction to the pattern Identification Guidelines
* Characteristics to look for and why
* Focus on Failures: What failed patterns look like, why they failed, and what to do
* Statistics: The numbers, and what they tell you
* Trading Tactics: Implementation strategies for maximizing profit while minimizing risk
* Sample Trade: The chart pattern in action,with hypothetical trades using real data
With the proper knowledge and understanding, chart pattern analysis can be one of today's easiest to use 'investing tools.' Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns presents the technical analysis tools, then reveals the secrets, such as average failure rates, most likely gain or loss, volume trends, and surprise findings as you use the tools to build a portfolio of wealth. Th e result is today's most valuable technical analysis reference, one that will save you critical time in identifying chart patterns and increase your likelihood of buying near the price bottom and selling near the top.