Encyclopedia of Separation Science, Ten-Volume Set Hardcover – Sep 6 2000
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"I think this is a great idea given the dominant position of separation techniques in many areas of science and technology... I am not aware of anything similar on the market."
-Professor Shawn Doogan, UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON, U.K.
"I feel that the overall structure is sound. A user wishing to use or research a specific technique may access the information at the level of introduction, background theory or by looking at practical examples."
-Professor David Sheehan, UNIVERSITY OF COLLEGE CORK, IRELAND
"Given the assurances of breadth of coverage, I believe the project to be viable, exciting and most useful."
-Professor Alan Townshend, UNIVERSITY OF HULL, U.K.
About the Author
Prof. Poole was born and educated in the United Kingdom receiving a B.Sc. in Chemistry from the University of Leeds (1971) followed by graduate studies at the University of Bristol, MSc. in analytical chemistry (1972), and Ph.D. with Prof. E. D. Morgan at the University of Keele (1975) on the analysis of insect molting hormones. Since 1980 he has been at the Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA, except for 1995-1996, spent as the Governors’ Lecturer and Professor of Analytical Chemistry at Imperial College of Science, Technology & Medicine, London, in the United Kingdom.
Prof. Poole is a polychromatographer with broad interests in the separation and detection of small molecules in biological, environmental, and food samples; sample preparation technology; and computer-aided data analysis techniques. He is the author of over 325 research papers, an editor of the Journal of Chromatography, and a member of the editorial boards of 5 other analytical chemistry journals. In 1985 he received the Tswett Medal of the International Symposium Advances in Chromatography, in 1991 the Jubilee Medal of the Chromatographic Society, and in 1997 a D.Sc. from the University of Leeds (UK).
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Cooking
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Medical
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Reference > Medical Encyclopedias
- Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Bioengineering > Biotechnology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Industrial & Technical
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Pharmacology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Reference > Medical Encyclopedias
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Special Topics > Biotechnology
- Books > Science & Math > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Chemical Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Pharmacology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Biotechnology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Chemistry
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Environmental Studies