- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Engineering Documentation Control Handbook, 2nd Ed.: Configuration Management for Industry Hardcover – Dec 31 2000
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"We feel confident that your 'good logic' will continue to make us a successful company for many years to come." Inertia Switch
From the Publisher
Provides a significant company strategy for managers, project leaders, chief engineers, and other engineering and management personnel. Can be used in many industries, often in conjunction with Total Quality Management, Cross-Functional Teams, and other world class corporate manufacturing strategies.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The text is crisp and the books organization clear and logical. One of the last chapters includes what is essentially a checklist of how to put together a CM system.
This is not a one size fits all system. The user must use the material in the book as a guide to tailor a CM system to their company's requirements.
Overall an indispensable book for someone trying to set up or overhaul a CM system. I highly recommend it.
As the title says, this is an Industry CM book. If your need is for Software CM, this book can be used for general CM concepts and background (and to develop a strong understanding of CM principles), but no more (get a software-specific CM/release management book instead). Only a few brief mentions of application of these concepts to software CM. If your need is for doc. control/industry CM, then this is probably an ideal book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Technical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Production, Operation & Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Reference
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Technical Thinking & Writing
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Industrial Engineering