Old and Middle English Texts with Accompanying Textual and Linguistic Apparatus Paperback – Feb 1 1995
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
«An excellent introductory selection for college courses in the history of the English language, this book will also be welcomed by linguists who want to become familiar with the rudiments of Old and Middle English. William Vantuono has produced a work that will be of value to students and non-specialists alike.» (John J. Lavelle, Monmouth College) «...the book will be a useful, if not the best, introduction to the reading of early English texts.» (The Journal of Indo-European Studies)
About the Author
The Author: William Vantuono is an independent scholar, retired from teaching. He has taught courses in English at various colleges in New Jersey, including Monmouth College. After receiving his Ph.D. in English Literature from New York University, he published widely in journals and composed the following three works: The Pearl Poems: An Omnibus Edition (Volume 1: Pearl and Cleanness; Volume 2: Patience and Sir Gawain and the Green Knight), The Pearl Poem in Middle and Modern English, and Sir Gawain and the Green Knight: A Dual-Language Version.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > English as a Second Language
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Phonetics & Phonics
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Public Speaking
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Speech
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory > Semiotics
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Speech
- Books > Textbooks > English As a Second Language
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > English Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Literary Theory