English Regional Chair Hardcover – Jan 1 1990
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
There are no customer reviews yet on Amazon.ca
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
3 of 4 people found the following review helpful
By A Customer - Published on Amazon.com
This superb reference volume examines the English regional chair (particularly windsor and ladderback types) as a vernacular tradition of craft and design. It is more comprehensive than any other book ever written on antique furniture. A work of the very highest calibre by a most respected, insightful and dedicated scholar. Study in this field, often inspired by this extraordinary work, is still continued with great enthusiasm. It simply cannot be bettered!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Furniture Design
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Antiques & Collectibles > Furniture
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Antiques & Collectibles > Jewellery
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Antiques & Collectibles > Reference
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Woodworking > Furniture & Carpentry
- Books > Education & Reference
- Books > History > Europe > England