Enterprise! (Book Only) Paperback – Jan 16 2009
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
1. Enterprise: Creating a Framework for Success. 2. Enterprisers. 3. Enterprising Fundamentals. 4. What Is an Enterprise? 5. The Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business. 6. Discovering Opportunities. 7. Feasibility. 8. Business Plans and Planning. 9. Pathways to Enterprise Creation. 10. Purchasing a Business. 11. Franchising. 12. The Enterprising Mind. 13. Branding and Marketing: Refining and Telling the Enterprise's Story. 14. Sales, Place, Price, and Service: Engaging Your Customers. 15. Finding Resources. 16. Monitoring Financial Resources. 17. Managing People. 18. Managing the Enterprise. 19. Personal and Business Transition. 20. Creating and Growing the Social Enterprise. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
William B. Gartner is the Arthur M. Spiro Professor of Entrepreneurial Leadership at Clemson University. He received his B.A., M.B.A., and Ph.D. from the University of Washington. Prior to joining Clemson University, he taught at the University of Virginia, Georgetown University, San Francisco State University, and the University of Southern California. In 2005, he received the FSF-NUTEK Award, an international award for outstanding accomplishments in entrepreneurship and small business research. He is a research fellow at Entrepreneurship and Small Business Research Institute (ESBRI) in Stockholm, Sweden, and on the board of advisors for the International Danish Entrepreneurship Academy (IDEA). Professor Gartner co-founded the Entrepreneurship Research Consortium, which initiated and manages the Panel Study of Entrepreneurial Dynamics (PSED). Dr. Gartner has published in JOURNAL OF BUSINESS VENTURING, ENTREPRENEURSHIP THEORY AND PRACTICE, the ACADEMY OF MANAGEMENT REVIEW, JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT, SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMICS, and the JOURNAL OF SMALL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT. He has received funding from the Kauffman Foundation, Coleman Foundation, U.S. Department of Education, U.S. Small Business Administration, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, the National Endowment for the Arts, and others. His research explores how enterprisers identify opportunities, solve startup problems, and successfully launch new businesses. He is furthering the study of entrepreneurial narrative.
Marlene G. Bellamy formed Writeline Associates in 1990, after 13 years as an investment and corporate banker. She has applied her finance experience to the academic and corporate arenas, collaborating with authors and publishers on 15 major college and graduate-level business textbooks and related educational materials. Her contributions include chapters; special features such as chapter-opening vignettes, practitioner and investor interviews, boxes, and case studies; and instructor's manuals for corporate finance, investing, marketing, management, introduction to business, and personal finance textbooks. She also provided corporate communication services in finance, marketing, and technology to units of Deloitte & Touche LLP, for which she co-authored annual reports on the software industry; wrote and edited several technology-oriented newsletters; and prepared marketing communications materials. She lives in La Jolla, California and received her B.A. from Smith College and MBA from Boston College.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Industrial
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Industrial
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Human Resources
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management