Environment and Planning Hardcover – Oct 26 2011
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Barnes received his Ph.D. in 1983 at University of Minnesota with a thesis about The Geography of Value, Production, and Distribution: Theoretical Economic Geography after Sraffa (supervisor: Eric Sheppard). He began his career as a spatial scientist. In recent years his interest has moved to the history of economic geography. His current projects concern: the history of geography's quantitative revolution; epistemological pluralism in economic geography; the institutional analysis of forestry (together with Roger Hayter and the SSHRC); and creative industries. Jamie Peck is Canada Research Chair in Urban & Regional Political Economy and Professor of Geography at the University of British Columbia Nigel Thrift is Professor in the Department of Geography at the University of Bristol. He has co-edited and co-authored numerous books; most recently Writing the Rural: Five Cultural Geographies and Globalisation, Institutions and Regional Development in Europe. Thrift has three co-edited or co-authored books in press The City of London and Social Power in Modern Britain; Diffusing Geography: Essays for Peter Hagget; and Mapping the Subject.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Urban Planning & Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Earth Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Environmental Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy