- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Environmental Ethics: An Anthology Paperback – Illustrated, Aug 16 2002
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Environmental Ethics ranks with the best of recent collections and will make an excellent course text. The skillful blend of classic and contemporary essays generates a clear sense both of the ongoing debates and the developing agenda of the subject, and demonstrates its growing importance for social decision-making." Alan Holland, Lancaster University, UK <!--end-->
"This anthology will get environmental ethics unstuck. It contains all the landmarks of the first great period of environmental ethics, but also fresh and provocative reflections that will steer the enterprise out of its present self-absorption and in socially trenchant and politically fruitful directions." Albert Borgmann, University of Montana
“Environmental Ethics is comprehensive, assembles both classics and new initiatives, and is organized so as to throw into clear relief the focal issues and critical debates that define the field. It is an invaluable guide for navigating the rapidly changing terrain that is environmental ethics, and one that pushes the field forward on a number of important fronts." Alison Wylie, Washington University, St. Louis
From the Back Cover
Environmental Ethics: An Anthology brings together seminal writings on the central questions in environmental ethics. The book comprises both classic and cutting-edge essays that have formed contemporary environmental ethics, ranging from the welfare of animals versus ecosystems to theories of the intrinsic value of nature. The volume also discusses alternatives to traditional environmental ethics, including deep ecology, ecofeminism, and environmental pragmatism; and presents important works on particular environmental issues, such as wilderness preservation and global climate change.
Additional editorial material provides a helpful overview of the field and points to new directions and controversies shaping the relationship between humans and nature into the future. Specifically designed for course use, Environmental Ethics: An Anthology provides an excellent introduction, at once accessible and thorough, to this increasingly important and urgent area of study.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Ethics & Morality
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation > Environmentalism
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Ecology
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy > Ethics