I grow very tired of having to explain my love for this show to people who seem offended by it's very existence.
To sum it up, dumb it down, and wrap it in a convienent "awkward" little package for people who constantly feel the need to question the merit of this shows humor, I will give examples of WHY the show appeals to me:
1) I enjoy the shows vibrant use of colors. This may seem irrelevant or a ridiculous reason to some, but I find the look of the show to be aesthetically pleasing to my eye. Visually, if I like what I see, that keeps me watching.
2) I enjoy Davin Woods music he creates to accompany certain segments of the show. The man knows what he is doing and is very talented at what he does. Think of the music that accompanies the Cinco commercials, the shows intro, or the hilariously mellodramatic music that plays during the "Damnit" bit of the "Hacky Sack Extreme" skit in Season One.
3) I find that the show brilliantly parodies media. In Paticular, the awkwardness of "live television" (Steve Brule, Married News Team). Local afternoon news shows ("The New You"). Ridiculous "caught on video, candid camera" style shows (Spagett). And last but not least, the shameless companies that will churn out useless products just so you will plunk down your hard earned dollar on crap you could live without (Cinco product commercials). There is loads of subtext here...and if you don't see it, you may be blind.
4) I love the bizarre way that they mix comedy with elements of horror. (Lazy Horse Mattresses, "It's Not Jackie Chan", The Child Clown Safety Video, Maria Bamford's very realistic potrayal of severe mental illness, "Druwing on Drawing" etc.)
5) I love the editing style, I am especially a fan of the "Glitch" segments.
6) The attention to detail. Any number of segments look like they could have come straight out of 1993, and if taken out of context of the show you would be hard pressed, in some cases, to find evidence proving otherwise.
7) The guys seem like they are genuinely having fun with the show and the universe they have created. They believe in their work, regardless of the many people who just "Don't get it" or "get it but don't like it". I respect that.
I could go on and on but you get the idea. While YOU may not like it, and that is your perrogative, many people DO...so much so that the show is on it's 4th season and a 5th season has recently been greenlit.
The show will continue to exist and cause many late night couch potatoes, who haven't joined the fold, to scratch their collective head and wonder "How the hell does anybody find this funny?". If you have ever found yourself asking that question, try not being so offensive and realize that the buck doesn't stop with you. Humor is subjective.