No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
In addition to capillary gas chromatography and GC-MS, carbon-13 NMR spectroscopy provides an alternative method for essential oils analysis. The excellent visual spacing of the signals enables oil samples to be analyzed without preliminary separation of their components. Also, information relating to the molecular structure of the oil constituents can be ascertained from the measured chemical shifts. This second edition clearly demonstrates the power of the technique in the characterization of essential oils, based on 60 sample oils chosen for their industrial importance together with the 188 carbon-13 NMR spectra of significant components. Supporting data are presented using capillary gas chromatography.
Key features of the Second Edition:
* 18 new essential oils are included, five oils are replaced and five oils with less or little importance are deleted
* Revision of numerous analyses taken over from the 1st edition
* Capillary gas chromatograms of 60 commercially important essential oils
* Qualitative and quantitative analytical results of those essential oils
* Carbon-13 NMR analyses of those essential oils without separation of their components
* Carbon-13 NMR spectra of 188 most important oil constituents are given (67 are new in the 2nd edition)
This collection of¯ 13C NMR and GC data is aimed at essential oils and natural products chemists, NMR research groups, university departments of chemistry, pharmacy, botany, and food science, as well as those working in the essential oils, perfumes, flavours and food technology industries.