What you'll learn
- Streamline your workflow with the Related Files toolbar, Live view, and the Code Navigator
- Bring your pages alive with Ajax widgets from Spry, jQuery, and the Yahoo! User Interface Library
- Use server-side includes, templates, and Adobe's InContext Editing online service
- Create dynamic web applications using Dreamweaver's PHP server behaviors
- Build real world web site functions, such as form validation, random quote generator, search function, user management/login pages, dynamic Ajax gallery, and much more
- Consume RSS feeds and create Spry data sets
- How to publish your site after you've created it
About the Author
What started as a mild interest in computing was transformed almost overnight into a passion, when David was posted to Japan in 1987 as BBC correspondent in Tokyo. With no corporate IT department just down the hallway, he was forced to learn how to fix everything himself. When not tinkering with the innards of his computer, he was reporting for BBC TV and radio on the rise and collapse of the Japanese bubble economy. Since leaving the BBC to work independently, he has built up an online bilingual database of economic and political analysis for Japanese clients of an international consultancy.
When not pounding the keyboard writing books or dreaming of new ways of using PHP and other programming languages, David enjoys nothing better than visiting his favorite sushi restaurant. He has also translated several plays from Japanese.