After introducing the latest version of Windows Phone, Shawn Wildermuth dives directly into the essentials, emphasizing best-practice examples and illustrating with code. You’ll build a complete application from start to finish, then build on your skills with increasingly sophisticated techniques.
From planning and design through application delivery, Shawn Wildermuth guides you through the entire mobile development lifecycle, showing how to make the most of Windows Phone 7.5’s most important new capabilities. Whether you’re a .NET or Silverlight developer going mobile, or an experienced mobile developer moving to Windows Phone, Essential Windows Phone 7.5 delivers all the skills you’ll need.
- Leveraging Microsoft’s breakthrough Metro design language
- Using phone features such as email, calling, search, Web browsing, and the camera
- Designing the look and feel of your user interface with XAML
- Interacting with users via Panorama, Pivot, and other controls
- Mastering the new Silverlight Toolkit for Windows Phone 7.5
- Choosing the right application paradigm and functionality for your specific app
- Incorporating touch, vibration, motion, and sound into your interfaces
- Working with Windows Phone 7.5’s unique hubs and tiles
- Building location-based services that work with the phone’s GPS
- Storing data in Isolated Storage or Windows Phone 7.5’s database support
- Multitasking reliably, without compromising performance
- Integrating external data via REST, conventional Web services, and push notifications
- Preparing your application for the Windows Phone Marketplace