Completely revised and updated, this resource provides an evidence-based, holistic approach to mental health nursing—in a streamlined format that explores nursing diagnoses for both physiological and psychological disorders.
- ANA standards for clinical practice for
DSM diagnoses and therapeutic interventions,
as well as for aging individuals,
bereaved individuals, and victims of
abuse and neglect.
- Sample Client Teaching Guides with
information on psychotropic medications
and psychiatric illnesses that are perfect
for patient teaching and student review.
- Care Plans for clients with DSM-IV-TR
diagnoses, with interventions and rationales
for commonly observed nursing
- End-of-chapter Review Questions with
answers in the back of the book.
n Case Studies and exercises designed to
stimulate students' critical thinking.
- Topics for Client/Family Education
highlighted in tables.
- Classical, Contemporary and Internet
- Student Learning CD-ROM packaged
with each copy of the book.
- Student Workbook with Learning
Activities and Answers • 55 Psychotropic
Drug Monographs • Care Plans
and Critical Pathways • Assessment
Tools and Tables such as Levels of
Anxiety, Medication Assessment Tool,
Cultural Assessment Tool, Global
Assessment Scale, Mental Status
Assessment, Assigning Diagnoses to
Client Behaviors, and Psychotropic
• Electronic Test Bank delivering 300
NCLEX-style questions, including the
new alternate formats, customizable by
chapter and NCLEX descriptors.