- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Ethics and War in the 21st Century Paperback – Mar 25 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'A compelling book and an insightful critique of the War on Terror.' - Aidan Hehir, Journal of Intervention and Statebuilding, Vol. 4, 1, May 2010
'In an eminently readable and historically informed narrative, Coker demonstrates that we have rules of war, not because we are nice but because we are sensible. These rules are hard to apply to novel situations like the struggle against terrorism, but failure to do so almost inevitably makes victory more elusive and costlier. Statesmen, soldiers, diplomats, scholars, and anyone concerned with the problem of war and ethics, will find this an informative, provocative and helpful book.' - Richard Ned Lebow, Dartmouth College, USA
'Over the last few years Christopher Coker has developed a far reaching, hard hitting and profoundly original treatment of war; its character, future and impact on ourselves and our polities. In Ethics and War in the Twenty First Century, he carries this argument still further, posing questions that many will find unsettling, while interrogating assumptions all too often left unexamined. Written with grace, elegance and power, and with a reach and range that few contemporary scholars can match, this is a book that nobody interested in war and its place in the contemporary world can afford to ignore.' - Nicholas Rengger, St Andrews University
About the Author
Christopher Coker is Professor of International Relations, LSE and Visiting Professor at the Staff College, Oslo. He is the author of many books on war, most recently ‘The Warrior Ethos’ (Routledge 2007). He is a former NATO Fellow.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Military
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Terrorism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Ethics & Morality
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > International > Security
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Terrorism
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Military
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy > Ethics
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science