Ethnicity, Identity and Music: The Musical Construction of Place Paperback – May 1 1997
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
?All [the individual essays] have important contributions to make, and are jammed full of engaging refrains, dynamic and resonant points, arranged with skill and attention to harmony in the composition and orchestration of a sustained debate. There is no question that the book is an accomplished result from a series of seminars.? ?Anthropological Notebooks
?A very rich array of concrete problems [...] Martin Stokes does a marvellous job of integrating the essays and of showing how each does its part to develop social theory by considering knots of local and global experience. [...] This collection promises a fresh breeze and new initiative for ethnomusicology, and perhaps a bit of humour as well in the form of internal discrepancies and divergent points of view.? ?MAN
About the Author
Martin Stokes University of Chicago
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Ethnic & International
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Ethnic Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Music
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Anthropology