Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 7.99 shipping
+ CDN$ 4.99 shipping
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan - Nintendo 3DS
|List Price:||CDN$ 34.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 28.24 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 6.75 (19%)|
- Gaming's Best Tribute to Retro RPGs Enters a New Dimension; Packed with improvements and content: an enhanced graphics engine boasting polygonal enemies and new 3D special effects
- Upgradeable, customizable skyships that let players travel and battle amid the clouds; an exceedingly atmospheric and fully orchestrated musical score from Yuzo Koshiro
- Expanded, more immersive 3D dungeons with analog camera control; and guild card + character trading functionality via StreetPass.
- You are Only as Good as Your Map and Your Heroes; Celebrate the tradition of classic pen and paper roleplaying games by using the bottom touch screen to chart out your path and the dangers you have encountered. A good map might save your life.
- All-New Casual Play Option; Beginners and newcomers can more easily learn the ropes without fear of setback or death with this new, less daunting mode.
- Platform: Nintendo 3DS
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
For centuries, the tree Yggdrasil has been a constant presence in the lives of the people of Tharsis. It looms on the horizon, visible from everywhere in the city. But its roots are in a far-off land where no one has ventured until the Outland Count of Tharsis sponsors an Explorers Guild to reach Yggdrasil and discover its secrets. You are the latest explorer arriving in Tharsis to seek your fame and fortune. Board your skyship and set out into the clouds in search of treasure, glory, and the answer to Tharsis’ oldest mystery.
Gaming’s best tribute to retro RPGs enters a new dimension packed with improvements and content: an enhanced graphics engine boasting polygonal enemies and new 3-D special effects; upgradable, customizable skyships that let players travel and battle amid the clouds. Take advantage of the new StreetPass feature to trade guild cards and characters. An exceedingly atmospheric and fully orchestrated musical score from Yuzo Koshiro, in addition to expanded, more immersive 3-D dungeons with analog camera control rounds up the features of this addition to the Etrian Odyssey franchise.
You are only as good as your map and your heroes. Celebrate the tradition of classic pen and paper roleplaying games by using the bottom touch screen to chart out your path and the dangers you have encountered. A good map might save your life. A deep character creation and party customization system encourages experimentation and rewards creativity and imagination. Every choice matters.
Exclusively available on Amazon, this set of 2 QR codes will unlock special side quests in the Etrian Odyssey IV game. To use these codes, follow these simple steps:
- Turn on your Nintendo 3DS system.
- Launch the Etrian Odyssey IV game. Start the game or load a game save.
- Once you can access the “Cargo Wharf” in the city of Tharsis, enter and select “Read QR Code.”
- The game will temporarily enter camera mode and give you the message, “Use the outer camera to scan in Etrian Odyssey IV QR Codes.”
- Hold your Nintendo 3DS system up to the QR code until you receive a confirmation message that you have received a QR Quest.
These codes will only be acessible on the full retail version of Etrian Odyssey IV. These codes are not compatible with the demo version of the game. Please note that you must scan the full 231x231 version of the QR Code on your 3DS to access the quests.
- WITH AN ALL-NEW CASUAL PLAY OPTION— Beginners and newcomers can more easily learn the ropes without fear of setback or death with this new, less daunting mode.
- FROM YOUR HEROES TO YOUR SKYSHIP, CUSTOMIZE EVERYTHING—With over 10 character classes to choose from and addicting party customization, Legends of the Titan offers a refreshing take on an established series while welcoming the nostalgic gameplay of the previous games.
- DON'T JUST EXPLORE THE MAP, CHART AND CREATE YOUR OWN PATH—The unexplored land is waiting for an explorer of great caliber to lay claim and mark their territory. Will you take up challenge and complete the task?
- YOUR AIRSHIP IS KEY—Legends of the Titan offers something not previously seen in the prior games-an airship. Providing efficient movement, attack, and escape, set sail to your airship to travel and battle amid the clouds.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This installment is a bit more forgiving than the previous entries, and it also features a "Casual" mode for people new to this style of game.
Couldn't recommend it more!
I was only a little curious about Etrian Odyssey IV, but once I started playing the demo I couldn't stop. This game totally sucked me in. I bought the full game and transferred my save file from the demo.
Don't worry about people complaining about a high difficulty. You can suspend save whenever, and warp out of a dungeon at any time (with an item) to make a permanent save.
I recommend this game to anyone who likes RGPs, from the casual fan to the hard core.
WARNING: This game is not for everyone. It will require a fair amount of time to finish. There are no glowing arrows, or huge HUDs so you might get frustrated sometimes. There are no cinematics, and the story is minimal. Oh, and no voice acting.
Those are the kind of games I like, but they are Niche games. I think this one sold less than 40,000 copies in N.Amerca. I can see this game disappointing some players. So, before you buy, check out some gameplay footage on youtube or whatever.
But if this game clicks, you will love it.
* Lots of character classes and pictures to make your party feel deep and interesting.
* Two difficulty levels to fix the grinding problems the prior EO games had.
* Lots of weapons, armour and monsters to flesh out the game play.
* Lots of side quests that you can do at the same time your perusing the main quest.
* Multiple smaller dungeons to explore as well.
* Well done party management system.
* Better skill system compared to prier EO games.
* Less punishing to adjust characters skills if you decide to alter characters later on in the game.
* Game just looks more polished and better then previous EO games.
* Mapping is still fun and addictive.
* Good use of NPC's makes game play more interesting.
* Battle is fun and challenging.
* Smaller dungeons compared to prior EO games.
* Limited storylines.
* Characters lack personalities.
* Travel and exploration outside of the city and dungeons seems less interesting compared to Etrian Odyssey 3.
* Subclasses feel like a waste of time and skill points, more of a distraction then anything else.
* Online features feel pointless and annoying.
* Not much of a reason to replay the game after finishing it.
* The 3D is not helpful at all.
The story and characters are really barebones in this game, character creation is deep but all your party members have no personalities unless you give them one your self. The characters look good and you can have many different types but that's it. The story is very basic, you create a party of 5 to explore the many different area's and dungeons surrounding the city of Tharsis. Through the jobs you get from the ruler a basic story line is formed.Read more ›