Eugene Onegin: A Novel in Verse: Commentary Paperback – Jan 21 1991
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Nabokov's translation and commentary, taken together, can best be considered as a sui generis work of art--perhaps his ultimate masterpiece."--J. Thomas Shaw, Slavic and East European Journal
Inside This Book(Learn More)
The following commentary consists of a series of notes to the whole of EO, including rejected stanzas and variants preserved in Pushkin's cahiers as well as projected continuations. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
commentary of the work ever.
McNab did not disappoint. He filled in a number of holes that would have been difficult for us to have figured out. I certainly didn't read all of it but I dug in whenever I (or we) had a question. It was pretty helpful and, as expected, interesting.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Poetry
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Russian
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Anthologies
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Single Authors > Continental European
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Poetry > Writing
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Russian
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities