Everyday Food: Great Food Fast Paperback – Mar 13 2007
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
Almond-Apricot Chicken with Mint Pesto
The addition of goat cheese, apricots, and pesto lends a Mediterranean ﬂavor to chicken. The pesto is made with fresh mint and almonds, rather than the usual basil and pine nuts.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
2 ounces goat cheese
4 dried apricots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (3 tablespoons)
Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon olive oil
Mint Pesto (recipe below)
To Prepare the Chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut a slit in one side of each chicken breast to create a pocket about 4 inches long.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the almonds with the goat cheese and apricots. Stuff each breast with one quarter of the mixture. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. On a plate, combine the breadcrumbs and the remaining 1/4 cup almonds. Dip each breast into the beaten egg, then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture.
4. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until golden, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to the oven; bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve hot with the mint pesto on the side.
Mint Pesto Ingredients
3 cups lightly packed fresh mint
1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
To Prepare the Mint Pesto
1. In a food processor, combine the mint and almonds; process until finely chopped.
2. With the motor running, gradually pour the olive oil through the feed tube. Season with salt. Keep at room temperature until ready to serve. Store leftover pesto in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks; let it come to room temperature before serving.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
the meals are healthy and yummy. the book is organized into seasons so that you can always eat yummy fresh local foods. the dishes have minimal ingredients so that meals don't break your pocketbook. also all dinners are easy and quick to cook, and better yet they all turn out perfect.
it's a big book as it is but i want more lol.
have fun and happy cooking!
Most recent customer reviews
The book is ok. None of the recipes really grabbed my attention but it did get here on time and in great condition.Published 27 days ago by Debbie
This book has simple instructions on how to make great foods. There were only a few that caught my interest in making, but everybody has different tastebuds.Published on June 27 2011 by SarahREview
I began using this book a few weeks ago (after I tried a tortilla pie a friend brought to work) and am thrilled with the quick and easy recipes I can find and use. Read morePublished on May 7 2011 by LMIZ