From the Back Cover
Everything you need to know about
- Implementing the new XML features in Spreadsheet Portals and Web Services
- Auditing spreadsheets provided by third parties
- Making spreadsheets accessible to individuals with disabilities
- Performing spreadsheet makeovers
- Constructing large, complex spreadsheets that are efficiently designed and easily maintained
- Quantifying uncertainty and incorporating "fuzzy" numbers in financial analysis
- Moving and managing mountains of data with competence and efficiency
What do your spreadsheets have to say about your business?
In a corporate climate tainted by high-profile accounting issues, the answer to that question is paramount. This book empowers you to create, manage, and validate spreadsheets that will stand up to scrutiny and provide a clear and accurate picture of your enterprise. It shows you how to examine your work for hidden flaws, preserve the integrity of inherited spreadsheets while improving their clarity, and apply specific techniques to achieve results. If you need practical techniques you can use today, youll find them here.
"Excel Best Practices for Business is a "must-read" for today's busy professionals working with quantitative information."
Tom Inman, Vice-President, WebSphere Foundation & Tools; IBM Software Group
- A selection of "Quick n Easy Take-Aways" sample components and spreadsheets that can be quickly and easily modified to meet various business needs
- Mathematica Version 5 evaluation
About the Author
Loren Abdulezer is CEO of Evolving Technologies Corporation and an IT professional who has assisted several Fortune 500 companies. He has worked with MIS/Web reporting and Internet security for a major financial firm, where he played a significant role in implementing a public key infrastructure/smart card initiative.