ExtraVeganZa is an exquisite compilation of recipes that push the boundaries of vegan cuisine. The book presents over 250 tantalizing savory and sweet vegan recipes, including:
- Appetizers, spreads, snacks and dips
- Soups, salads, dressings, toppings and sauces
- Rice, grains and legumes
- Main dishes, side dishes, casseroles and pastas
- Breakfasts, buns and breads
- Cakes, icings and glazes
- Pies, pie crusts and "cheesecakes"
- Puddings, mousses and fruit gels
- Cookies and squares
- Sweet loaves, brownies, cobblers, crumbles and oddballs
- Beverages and frozen treats
Adding unique flair, ExtraVeganZa highlights the elegant presentation of dishes using edible flowers and fresh herbs as garnishes, as well as natural foods as alternatives for food dyes, producing some rare colored treats for the eye. An edible flowers glossary and a special section on natural food dyes helps the reader experiment further.
Also unique is the philosophy of the book. An important milestone in vegan cuisine, it incorporates the larger scale vision of growing your own food or at least knowing where it comes from, and creating a more sustainable lifestyle. At the author's organic farm and B&B, they grow as much food as possible for themselves, their guests, farm workers, restaurants and the local community.
About the Author
is a field biologist, B&B owner-operator, and organic farmer. A long-time vegan, she has researched the nutritional value of foods, worked in a vegan restaurant and cooked vegan food as a personal chef for clients with dietary sensitivities.