Family Tree Maker 2010 Essentials
- Family Tree Maker 2010 Essentials can help you create a family tree faster, easier, and better than ever before
- Dynamic user interface lets you quickly switch between important features
- Import data from other genealogy programs, including Personal Ancestral File, The Master Genealogist, and Legacy Family Tree
- Easily add records and images from the millions of available historical records at Ancestry.com
- Bring your family tree alive with attractive charts and reports; photos, audio, and video; timelines and interactive maps
There is a newer version of this item:
|Tax Central 2015|
Prepare yourself for this Tax Season. Visit Tax Central, your shop for all things tax.
- Platform: Windows XP / 7 / Vista
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker 2010, the #1 selling family history software, can help you easily discover, organize and preserve your family history on your personal computer and share it in many creative ways. Once you’ve started your tree, you can add photos, video, audio and more. You can also create and print a variety of interactive maps, timelines, charts and reports. Family Tree Maker 2010 includes a one-month subscription to Ancestry.com the world’s largest online collection of family history resources, featuring over 7 billion historical records. Search for your ancestors and use what you discover in your tree.
Family Tree Maker makes it easy to discover your story, preserve your legacy and share your unique heritage as you explore your family tree on your personal computer. Family Tree Maker 2010 introduces even more rich storytelling and organization tools that can add new life to your family history.
Discover your story, preserve your legacy and share your unique heritage. Click to enlarge.
Once you've started your tree, you can add photos, video, audio and more. You can also create and print a variety of interactive maps, timelines, charts and reports. Family Tree Maker 2010 also includes a subscription to Ancestry.com--the world's largest online collection of family history resources, featuring more than 4 billion historical records. Search for your ancestors and use what you discover on Ancestry.com in your tree.
Family Tree Maker 2010 lets you easily:
- Organize your family story privately and conveniently on your personal computer.
- Create charts and reports in a variety of formats to share with friends and family.
- Discover new information anywhere on the web and add it to your tree instantly.
- Integrate with the 4 billion names in historical records on Ancestry.com. Even receive hints linking you to matching records.
- Incorporate photos, documents and audio, video and other files into your tree.
- View timelines and interactive maps.
Attach photos and rich media files that bring your family history to life in Media View.
Use dynamic maps to explore the places where your ancestors once lived in Places View.
Generate timelines that show your ancestors' lives in historical context.
What's new in Family Tree maker 2010?
- New tools and charts that help you tell a richer story
- Better ways to organize photos and other media
- Create slideshows from the images in your tree
- Family books made from your tree
- Standard source templates that help you reference the right information
- A view of your relation to everyone in your tree
- Extended family birthday calendars
- Images scanned directly into your tree
- Family migration paths over time
- Easy family tree download from Ancestry.com
And don't forget the features you've come to rely on:
- Dynamic user interface that lets you quickly switch between important features
- The ability to import data from other genealogy programs, including Personal Ancestral File
- Powerful sourcing tools that let you document AND rate each of your citations
- Interactive maps and lists that give you a bird's-eye view of where members of your family come from
- Place authority database of more than 3 million names that helps you standardize your place entries
- Photo AND file management features so you can easily incorporate all types of media files into your charts and reports
- Timelines that highlight personal, family and world events
- Easy-to-use tools for merging duplicate individuals, calculating dates, creating to-do lists and more
How can you make the most of Ancestry.com?
- Family Tree Maker 2010 comes with a subscription to Ancestry.com, the world's largest online collection of family history resources.
- Your software works seamlessly with Ancestry.com so you can easily search for your ancestors and add the information you discover to your tree.
- You could find missing facts about your family in census records, draft cards, passenger lists, image collections and other historical resources.
Use Ancestry.com and Family Tree Maker together. Get the most from both.
- Search the extensive record collections at Ancestry.com without ever leaving your family tree. Quickly merge new records you find into your tree.
- Take advantage of Ancestry Hints. Family Tree Maker automatically suggests records that may match people in your tree.
- Share heirloom-quality books and attractive posters that you create with the self-publishing tool at Ancestry.com.
Your Family Tree Maker 2010 Essentials software includes:
Interactive Training Tutorial for Family Tree Maker 2010 (included on Family Tree Maker disk)
- Get step-by-step instructions and tips that will help you easily build and grow your family tree.
The Getting Started Guide to Family Tree Maker
- Follow simple directions to begin a project and master the program's basic features
The Family Tree Maker Little Book of Answers
- Read short sections that will tell you how Family Tree Maker can work best for you.
Top Customer Reviews
I had been able to view or print my family tree from any member, by bloodline or name line, decendants or ancestors. Including text and photographs. When printing from "MyTree", I would get the entire family tree listed in an organized and well presented fashion from the original member to the requested descendant.
When I reached full capacity and purchased a new computer having Windows Vista, I had to look for a program that could import my data files from the original program.
My Family Tree Maker 2010 advertised that it could import other family tree program files.
I was not able to import the data files from "MyTree" as they were not compatable and was informed from the help line that the "MyTree" program was to outdated.
The 30 day free trial period with Ancestory.ca required that I provide a credit card number and would be automatically billed after the trial period unless I cancelled.
The interface with Ancestory.ca was nice but again you'll only access what is available on the internet which I found had little to offer when you look at the membership price.
The layout and data presentation is nice to see but limited for presentation.
I found that Family Tree Maker 2010 limits you to viewing your tree in only one manner, that being the ancestor's of a member, and when printing the family tree chart, it appears very confusing and you are limited on being able to print only so many generations compared to my previous program.
I personally wasn't happy with the program and would not reommend it for anyone seriously trying to put together a family tree.
I had hoped that with this issue of FTM that the syncing of [...] would be available to alas no! It becomes very encombersome to have to update my tree saved to my computer and on the Ancestry website. I did update the one on my computer and then upload it in place of the one online so that they are current as of the date, but now |I have thousands of hints that at one time were merged with my old tree that I need to sort through online and on my computer trees.
There needs to be a better way to merge online and PC trees Ancestry!
I love that when I do merge a census to my computer tree that a link to the actual picture is added as well so now it eliminates the need to save to my computer and attach!
All in all this is a great program to use and I hope to see syncing with my Ancestry tree and PC tree soon!!
I was hoping for a Canadian version which would facilitate easier access to Canadian geneology databases. The order form did not provide a means of specifying this.
Most recent customer reviews
This product is ok as a Family Tree Maker. It can make different types of reports. I would have wanted to know that I cannot for example find all persons in my tree who died in... Read morePublished on March 6 2010 by Diane Diotte
I believe this is the first product for a number of years that warrents an update. So far I have not come across any bugs in the program and it is just fun to use. Read morePublished on Dec 4 2009 by W. Samstag