14 REASONS TO LOVE JANET EVANOVICH
1. “LAUGH-OUT-LOUD FUNNY.”—St. Louis Post Dispatch
2. “HOT AND SASSY.”—The Boston Herald
3. “A PLUM PICK.”—People
4. “IRRESISTIBLE.”—Houston Chronicle
5. “BRILLIANTLY EVOCATIVE.”—Denver Post
6. “A MUST READ.”—Midwest Book Review
7. “THE CROWN PRINCESS OF DETECTIVE FICTION.”—Bookpage
8. “OUTRAGEOUS.”—Publishers Weekly
9. “THE MASTER OF SNAPPY DIALOGUE.”—San Francisco Chronicle
10. “ STUNNING.”—Booklist
11. “ OFF BEAT AND HILARIOUS…SHE ROCKS!”—Romantic Times BOOKreviews
12. “HIGLY ENJOYABLE…WHO CAN RESIST?”—Chicago Tribune
13. “ A GOOD TIME.”—New York Daily News
14. “AS ENTERTAINING AS EVER.”—Entertainment Weekly
Personal vendettas, hidden treasure, and a monkey named Carl will send bounty hunter Stephanie Plum on her most explosive adventure yet.
The Crime: Armed robbery to the tune of nine million dollars
Dom Rizzi robbed a bank, stashed the money, and did the time. His family couldn’t be more proud. He always was the smart one.
The Cousin: Joe Morelli
Joe Morelli, Dom Rizzi, and Dom’s sister, Loretta, are cousins. Morelli is a cop, Rizzi robs banks, and Loretta is a single mother waiting tables at the firehouse. The all-American family.
The Complications: Murder, kidnapping, destruction of personal property, and acid reflux
Less than a week after Dom’s release from prison, Joe Morelli has shadowy figures breaking into his house and dying in his basement. He’s getting threatening messages, Loretta is kidnapped, and Dom is missing.
The Catastrophe: Moonman
Morelli hires Walter “Mooner” Dunphy, stoner and “inventor” turned crime fighter, to protect his house. Morelli can’t afford a lot on a cop’s salary, and Mooner will work for potatoes.
The Cupcake: Stephanie Plum
Stephanie and Morelli have a long-standing relationship that involves sex, affection, and driving each other nuts. She’s a bond enforcement agent with more luck than talent, and she’s involved in this bank-robbery-gone-bad disaster from day one.
The Crisis: A favor for Ranger
Security expert Carlos Manoso, street name Ranger, has a job for Stephanie that will involve night work. Morelli has his own ideas regarding Stephanie’s evening activities.
The Conclusion: Only the fearless should read Fourteen.
Thrills, chills, and incontinence may result.