Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on October 16, 2001
As a Registered Dietitian specializing in child and infant health, I give this book a qualified "thumbs down" for its erroneous information. Besides referring to foods like avocados, nut butters, eggs, cheese and tofu as "low calorie" (which they are not), the authors encourage parents to allow their young ones to eat whenever they want from "nibble trays" placed on a low fridge shelf. The recommendations are glaringly inconsistent with those of dietitians and nutritionists. See Ellyn Satter for good advice.
on August 3, 2001
I found this book to be very unhelpful. I got no more information about feeding a picky eater than building a car engine. This book is written in a "question and answer" format, which is fine. However, many of the questions have nothing whatsoever to do with picky eating habits of children. I find the title of this book to be very misleading. It should be titled, "General information about feeding young children".
I am very disappointed that I spent money for this book. Don't waste yours.
on May 17, 2002
While I would agree that there are subjects other than just picky eaters discussed in this small, but informative, book, I felt that they were appropriately added and are just the kind of questions that many parents ask.
I found the ideas for picky eaters to be wonderful and ones that no one suggested to me, nor had I thought of on my own. I enjoy the Q&A style of this book and found it very easy to read -- even with a toddler on my lap much of the time.
For the price, I feel this is a great book.