- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Feeling Good about the Way You Look: A Program for Overcoming Body Image Problems Paperback – Jun 15 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
'Millions of people suffer from body image concerns. Some are paralyzed by them. Here, Dr. Sabine Wilhelm offers a systematic, scientifically based program of self-treatment. For many, this will be a welcome alternative to expensive professional therapy.' "- Harrison G. Pope Jr., MD, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School; coauthor of The Adonis Complex"" " 'Until now, very little self-help material was available on body dysmorphic disorder, a distressing condition that can lead sufferers to depression, unneccesary cosmetic surgery, and even suicide. If you are struggling with body image problems or care for someone who is, this excellent book offers very helpful guidance.' -" David Veale, MD, FRCPsych, Consultant Psychiatrist in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, London, UK "
About the Author
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It can be used as a self help resource or in conjunction with therapy. It can even be given to your therapist as a resource for them to help you. I struggle with acne scars and I am relieved to find the first pages (and subsequent pages) directly address this issue.
This book gives hope and help. I can't say enough positive about this book. It is life-changing.
God bless the author
deal with body imperfections. This volume deals with perceptions
or misperceptions of the troubling areas of appearance and how
we are affected by them in thought and emotion. Steps are given
for identifying problem areas and use of therapy to treat appearance
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Aging > Diabetes
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Women's Health > Eating Disorders
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Counseling
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Recovery > Drug Dependency
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Social Work
- Books > Self-Help > Eating Disorders
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Mental Health
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychopathology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy