rascal flatts has been my favorite band ever since they released thier first single "moving on" years ago. "melt" was a hard CD to top, but they have deffiantly done it with this one! here is my review on the entire album...
1. Feels Like Today - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 8/10) this was their first single off the album. although the lyrics are a little confusing and the music video doesn't help you understand what this song's message is any better... the tune is very addicting and the vocal's are jsut amazing. there have been days when i couldn't get this chorus out of my head at all!
2. Fast Cars & Freedom - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 10/10) this is easily my favorite song on the album. describes a man's strong feelings for his wife/girlfriend years after they met and how when he looks at her he still sees the young girl he fell in love with ... "to me, you don't look a day over fast cars & freedom. that sunset, river bank, first time feeling." the tune is also very catchy.
3. God Bless The Broken Road - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 10/10) a powerful love song that reminds me of "like i am" from their previous CD. this is their second single that has already been released and it's excelent. describes how a mans mistakes in life have led him to find his one true love ... "every long lost road led me to where you are. others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars." great lyrics & a powerful acoustic sound.
4. Where You Are - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 9/10) another song with a tune that you will be humming in your head all day long. wasn't one of my favorites at first, but the chorus grows on you quickly.
5. Then I Did - (music: 9/10) (lyrics: 8/10) this is a good song and it reminds me a lot of "these days" from the previous CD. it's about a man whose girlfriend tells him to leave and chase his dreams because that's all he's ever wanted, but then he declares "you were wrong, love is what i wanted all along." good song, just not as catchy as some of the others.
6. When The Sand Runs Out - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 10/10) my other favorite song on this album. maybe one of my favorite songs they have ever done! powerful lyrics about a man who decides to change his life after the death of a close friend ... "i'm gonna stop looking back; start moving on, and learn how to face my fears. love with all of my heart and make my mark, i wanna leave something here." very pretty music and a chorus that will stick with you.
7. Here's To You - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 10/10) this songs really cute! it's a tribute to all of us, their fans. it's also very upbeat and the lyrics are fun ... "you're the heart and the soul and the reason we do what we do, here's to you!"
8. The Day Before You - (music: 8/10) (lyrics: 9/10) very beautiful song. the lyrics are sweet & heartfelt. but the music isn't anything spectacular. still, it's another great song describing the love a man feels for his significant other and the impact they have made on his life.
9. Break Away - (music: 9/10) (lyrics: 10/10) the classic "escape" song! the lyrics are fun and the chorus is upbeat. makes you want to just get in the car and drive out of town!
10. Holes - (music: 8/10) (lyrics: 9/10) the music doesn't really grow on you like all the other songs on the album, but the lyrics might. it seemed almost out of place on this CD of mostly upbeat songs... but after i heard it a few times the chorus became stuck in my head. you might be tempted to skip this one over, but don't! give it a second lsiten.
11. Oklahoma-Texa Line - (music: 10/10) (lyrics:10/10) another really cute song with the most upbeat tune on the album. about a couple living their average, but more than happy, life ... "i got all i ever need when that girl is by my side. everything i love is there inside a little brick house on the oklahoma-texas line." great song!
12. Skin **HIDDEN TRACK** - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 10/10) most beautiful and touching song on the CD. the music and vocals are both lovely and the lyrics made me cry the first time i heard this song. tells a very sad story about a little girl with cancer. it's a very sweet song.