From the Back Cover
A Field Guide to Common Animal Poisons is organized as a quickreference for veterinary practitioners and veterinary students. Thesix major sections of the book are
- Prevalence of Animal Exposure to Toxins: Exposure isdefined as common or uncommon; common exposures are divided byspecies and physiological system.
- Treatment Regimens: regimens are categorized as general,supportive, and specific; therapeutic agents, dosage regimens andsuppliers are listed.
- Toxin Summaries: 1- to-2-page synopses of factsapplicable to the recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of eachtoxin.
- Selected Bibliographies: Books and journals thatcomplement the references l sited on the page for each toxin.
- Additional Sources of Information: Colleges ofveterinary medicine, accredited veterinary diagnostic laboratories,and poison control centers are listed by state; Canadian collegesof veterinary medicine are listed by province.
- Indices to Toxins: Indexed by clinical signs, diagnostictest results, and toxin names.