From the Back Cover
A Field Guide to Common Animal Poisons is organized as a quick reference for veterinary practitioners and veterinary students. The six major sections of the book are
- Prevalence of Animal Exposure to Toxins: Exposure is defined as common or uncommon; common exposures are divided by species and physiological system.
- Treatment Regimens: regimens are categorized as general, supportive, and specific; therapeutic agents, dosage regimens and suppliers are listed.
- Toxin Summaries: 1- to-2-page synopses of facts applicable to the recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of each toxin.
- Selected Bibliographies: Books and journals that complement the references l sited on the page for each toxin.
- Additional Sources of Information: Colleges of veterinary medicine, accredited veterinary diagnostic laboratories, and poison control centers are listed by state; Canadian colleges of veterinary medicine are listed by province.
- Indices to Toxins: Indexed by clinical signs, diagnostic test results, and toxin names.