- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
A Field Guide to Common Animal Poisons Plastic Comb – May 12 1999
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
A Field Guide to Common Animal Poisons is organized as a quick reference for veterinary practitioners and veterinary students. The six major sections of the book are
- Prevalence of Animal Exposure to Toxins: Exposure is defined as common or uncommon; common exposures are divided by species and physiological system.
- Treatment Regimens: regimens are categorized as general, supportive, and specific; therapeutic agents, dosage regimens and suppliers are listed.
- Toxin Summaries: 1- to-2-page synopses of facts applicable to the recognition, diagnosis, and treatment of each toxin.
- Selected Bibliographies: Books and journals that complement the references l sited on the page for each toxin.
- Additional Sources of Information: Colleges of veterinary medicine, accredited veterinary diagnostic laboratories, and poison control centers are listed by state; Canadian colleges of veterinary medicine are listed by province.
- Indices to Toxins: Indexed by clinical signs, diagnostic test results, and toxin names.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology > Toxicology
- Books > Medical Books > Veterinary Medicine
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Environmental
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Animal Husbandry
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Pharmacology > Toxicology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Veterinary Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Veterinary Medicine > General