The ROM Field Guide to Freshwater Fishes of Ontario Paperback – Jun 17 2009
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
A beautiful and authoritative full-colour field guide to all species of freshwater fish found in Ontario. The newest volume in the best-selling ROM series. Sequel to The ROM Field Guide to Birds of Ontario by Janice Hughes (35,000+ copies sold since 2001); The ROM Field Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians of Ontario by Ross MacCulloch (7,000+ copies sold since 2002); and The ROM Field Guide to Wildflowers of Ontario by Tim Dickinson, Deborah Metsger, Jenny Bull, and Richard Dickinson (9,000+ copies sold since 2004).
About the Author
Erling Holm and Mary E. Burridge are assistant curators, Ichthyology, in the Royal Ontario Museum. Dr. Nicholas E. Mandrak is a Research Scientist with Fisheries and Oceans Canada, and leads the Aquatic Species at Risk Research Programme for the Great Lakes basic and a national Centre of Expertise for Aquatic Risk Assessment of aquatic invasive species.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
- it has descriptions of all Ontario freshwater fishes with coloured images
- contains anatomical descriptions, Index table and some other information.
Treat it as a small encyclopaedia of fishes. Obviously, it doesn't describe how to fish it and what bait to use.
To better understand it's contents, see my uploaded pictures.
Dr. David B. Halliwell (co-author, Inland Fishes of Massachusetts, USA).
Most recent customer reviews
A great resource manual, full of great illustrations. Highly recommend.Published 9 months ago by David Williams
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Fish & Sharks
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Fish & Sharks
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Oceans & Seas > Marine Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference