A field manual organized around 100+ of the most common questions students ask in their field placements.
This book is part of the Connecting Core Competencies Series. This series helps students understand and master CSWE’s core competencies with a variety of pedagogy highlighted competency content and critical thinking questions for the competencies throughout.
For those beginning their first social work field experience, Field Instruction: A Guide for Social Work Students addresses the most common questions, concerns, and problems students encounter and provides them with essential information for completing the field experience successfully.
Field Instruction: A Guide for Social Work Students is structured so that "early" questions about preparing for the first interview are presented ahead of more complicated issues such as resolving ethical dilemmas. This edition provides instructors with already designed exercises that they can select and tailor to students’ specific learning needs. These exercises are designed to promote involvement with the content of the text and to develop critical thinking and self-reflection.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning — MySocialWorkLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking — Exercises within the text promote critical thinking and critical thinking questions tied to CSWE’s core competencies are included throughout (in margins).
- Engage Students — Case examples and questions prepare students for the field. Exercises help students work through questions they have. Videos and cases in MySocialWorkLab engage students and help them apply theory to practice.
- Explore Current Issues — Inclusion of contemporary topics, such as safety, child abuse, diversity, legal issues, and stress.
- Apply CSWE Core Competencies — Integrates the 2008 CSWE EPAS throughout — highlights competencies and practice behaviors and includes expensive pedagogy. MySocialWorkLab adds value with core competency videos and hundreds of competency-based questions.
- Support Instructors — AnInstructor’s Manual and MySocialWorkLab with Pearson eText are included in the outstanding supplements package.
Note: MySocialWorkLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocialWorkLab, please visit: www.mysocialworklab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySocialWorkLab (at no additional cost). VP: 0205042481