- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Figuring Grief: Gallant, Munro, and the Poetics of Elegy Hardcover – Nov 9 1992
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"There is much in this book that is thoughtful, insightful, and important ... Smythe's joint treatment of these two superb and significant writers is a breakthrough' in the field, and makes her study of great potential interest and value to Canadianists." Janice Kulyk Keefer, Department of English, University of Guelph. "This is a very helpful addition to the corpus of Gallant and Munro studies. No one has studied these two writers in this way yet, and Smythe has broken new ground in a number of important areas ... She makes a convincing and thorough argument for the importance of the elegiac form ... The scholarship is thorough and careful, and she has drawn on a wide range of material to formulate her argument." Neil Besner, Department of English, University of Winnipeg.
There are no customer reviews yet.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > History & Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > Short Stories
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > Women Writers
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Canadian
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > British
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Canadian
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Classics
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature