Final Witness Paperback – Feb 15 1999
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
James Scott Bell is the #1 bestselling author of Plot & Structure, and an award-winning thriller writer. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
Top Customer Reviews
Wouldn't you like a story once in awhile where the main character gets killed? Does the main character always have to be a hero?
The main plot involves the Russian Mafia. Mafia-type stories are not my type of read, however, I've read one of Mr. Bell's books previously and that was really enjoyable so I gave this one a try.
In this one, you'll see that the government can't always be trusted. It's too bad too, that the legal system isn't really righteous, although this book portrays it the way it is. The criminal is so often portrayed as the victim, and they are often victorious! It really depends on the judge, jury, circumstances, witnesses and your lawyer. Evidence is quite often dismissed.
Anyway, yes, it is worth the read. Just expect the expected in places.
James Scott Bell does many of the things that Grisham does so well: tight plotting, believable motivations, crackling dialogue. Like "The Great Divide," by T. Davis Bunn, Bell reaches for the top rungs of legal thrillerdom and succeeds. The narrative is leaner and less colorful than Bunn's, but this only allows it to race faster.
While working in some valid Christian themes, often based on legal examples, "Final Witness" tells the compelling story of Rachel Ybarra, a young paralegal working on a case against the Russian mob. The details of the courtroom seem well-researched, and the struggles that Rachel goes through--with her alcoholic father, her boss, her FBI friends, and particularly her nemesis "The Man"--move credibly to a very satisfying end with a few surprises along the way.
Bell's other books are going to the top of my wish list.
Most recent customer reviews
The Final Witness is an excellent, well written, book and will help cement James Scott Bell's place among the best legal fiction authors. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Derek Dadd
Final Witness provides a solid plot, and relatable characters. It's refreshing to follow a string female protagonist who is grounded and confident while still utterly human.Published 22 months ago by janine
This has got to be one of worst books I ever read.
The fact that 8 people gave it 5 stars is truly amazing.
DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK
I was not disappointed. James Scott Bell has written another intriguing book. I couldn't put it down.Published on Nov. 25 2001 by Pat DeTienne
This book is a real, true blue page turner. It is well written, suspenseful, with great characters. I highly recommend it.Published on April 18 1999
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Fiction
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Russian
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Fiction
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Mystery
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Spy Stories & Tales of Intrigue
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Suspense
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Fiction > Mystery
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature