- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Fine Art of Copyediting Paperback – Jan 30 2002
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This second edition documents the updates that have occurred in publishing procedures and editing techniques... the information that Stainton provides can be useful to any editor as well as to any writer.(Technical Communication)
The Fine Art of Copyediting has been updated intelligently to include the computer age of copyediting while remaining well informed in relaying the basics of the job and process in a friendly way that appeals to beginning as well as experienced editors. I found this concise handbook to be a good and helpful resource.(Kim Lewis, Executive Managing Editor for WIlliam Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers)
A little gem of a book--pithy, wise, and reassuring. It's every copyeditor's dream, for not a word is wasted, yet nothing important is left out. It has something to say to all members of its logical audience--neophytes to the publishing world, writers, freelancers, even old hands like me. (My particular favorite is the chapter on special editing problems!) It's going on my shelf right next to the other books I consult every day.(Nancy Inglis, Associate Director of Copyediting, Simon & Schuster)
The copyeditor's aim--to help authors express themselves clearly and gracefully--is sometimes obscured by a tangle of commas and small caps. The second edition of The Fine Art of Copyediting puts the copyeditor's job in perspective, reminding the experienced editor as well as the novice that editors and authors share the goal of clarity.(Jenya Weinreb, Managing Editor, Yale University Press) See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Study & Teaching
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Vocabulary
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Books & Reading > Literacy
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Creative Writing & Composition