- Shipping Weight: 907 g
- Item model number: FLUKE 87-V
- ASIN: B0002YFD1K
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Sept. 19 2011
- Average Customer Review: 7 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,625 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
Fluke 87V Digital Multimeter
- Auto and manual ranging for maximum flexibility
- Analog bar graph for fast changing or unstable signals
- Measure up to 10 A, 20 A for up to 30 seconds
- Selectable filter for accurate voltage
- Input Alert provides audible warning against wrong use of input jacks
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Fluke 87V Industrial Multimeter
When productivity is on the line and you need to solve problems fast, the Fluke 87V delivers the accuracy and advanced troubleshooting capabilities you need. Designed specifically to handle complex signals, the 87V industrial multimeter, allows you to gain productivity by taking the guesswork out of drive system troubleshooting even in loud, high energy, and high altitude locations.
Designed to Identify Complex Signal Problems Fast
- Accurate frequency measurements on adjustable speed drives (ASD) due to Fluke-designed low-pass filter
- Built-in thermometer allows temperature measurements without a separate thermometer
- Peak Min/Max allows capture of intermittents as fast 250 µS
- Dual display resolution – 6000 or 20,000 counts – lets you see small changes in displayed readings
- CAT III 1000V, CAT IV 600V safety rated
- Designed and built in the U.S.A.
- Lifetime warranty
The Fluke 87V – Just One of Fluke's Trusted Tools
Fluke builds the most trusted tools in the world and that means more than just the Fluke 87V. If you work with HVAC equipment, need a small meter for small spaces or work in the electrical installer's and repairman's world, check out the full family of Fluke digital multimeters.
All inputs are updated to the 3rd edition of ANSI/ISA S82.01 and EN61010-1 CAT IV 600V and CAT III, 1000 V. They can withstand impulses in excess of 8.000 V and reduce risks related to surges and spikes.
Until now, there hasn't been a multimeter able to accurately measure adjustable speed drives. But the Fluke 87V is designed specifically to handle these complex signals. Think of the potential productivity you'll gain by taking the guesswork out of drive system troubleshooting. Measurements are correct each and every time.
From the Manufacturer
Fluke 87V Industrial Multimeter
When productivity is on the line and you need to solve problems fast, the Fluke 87V delivers the accuracy and advanced troubleshooting capabilities you need. Designed specifically to handle complex signals, it takes the guesswork out of drive system troubleshooting—even in loud, high-energy, high-altitude locations.
Fluke 87V/E2 Industrial Electrician Combo Kit
87V, heavy-duty test leads, alligator clips and test probes, hanging strap, temp probe and case
The Fluke 87V is the most widely used industrial digital multimeter in the world, and these added accessories will help you be even more productive on the job. You’ll save money by buying the products together—plus be working with the most trusted tools in the world.
- Accurate frequency measurements on adjustable speed drives due to Fluke-designed low-pass filter.
- Built-in thermometer allows temperature measurements without a separate thermometer.
- Peak min/max allows capture of intermittents as fast as 250 µS.
- Dual display resolution: 6,000 or 20,000 counts - lets you see small changes in displayed readings.
- CAT III 1000V, Cat IV 600V safety rated.
- Lifetime warranty on 87V.
|DC voltage||1000 V||1000 V|
|AC voltage||1000 V||1000 V|
|DC current||10 A (20 A for 30 seconds maximum)||10 A (20 A for 30 seconds maximum)|
|AC current||10 A (20 A for 30 seconds maximum)||10 A (20 A for 30 seconds maximum)|
|Low pass variable speed drive filter||Yes||Yes|
|Temperature (excluding probe)||-200.0°C - 1090°C||-200.0°C - 1090°C|
|Carry Case||Included||Optional extra|
|Test leads||Heavy-duty modular leads and probes (1000V 10A)||TL75 (1000v 10A)|
|Alligator clips||AC220 SureGrip Alligator Clips||AC175 slide-on insulated alligator clips|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It does have a stand built into the case, another feature I had a hard time knowing about before purchase.
I agree with a common sentiment in most reviews: at this price, they could have used a slightly less plastic-like coating on the probe leads. Maybe it has some kind of desirable characteristic, but I much prefer the soft silicone type coating that you typically find on higher end cables (think of the cable attached to the soldering pencil on a Weller station). For that I knock off a star.
It is definitely not as inexpensive as what you find at a big box store, but as I said it is professional-grade. You have to pay for that. The cost is probably not justifiable for the average consumer, but if you're building electronic devices or want to verify capacitance values, this DMM is one of the top choices.
Most electronics professionals have Fluke test instruments somewhere in their working environment.
I am loving it.
And on top of it amazon service is great. I was told delivery will arrive after 3-5 business days but unit was at my door the next day.
Most recent customer reviews
It's what's inside that counts with this meter. If VDC ±(0.05%+1) doesn't mean anything to you, you do not need to buy this meter. If it does, you already know what an 87-5 is.Published 8 months ago by Bill Switzer