|1. This Is a Call|
|2. I'll Stick Around|
|3. Big Me|
|4. Alone + Easy Target|
|5. Good Grief|
|7. Weenie Beenie|
|8. Oh, George|
|9. For All the Cows|
The album breaks out of the gates with a lot of energy and gusto: "This is a Call" and "I'll Stick Around" are catchy tunes.
"Big Me" is a quick pit stop while on the pounding tracks freeway, but certainly still fits the album.
Starting with "Alone+Easy Target" the remaining songs are all good but less memorable and perhaps just a tiny bit rough around the edges.
The Foo Fighters are one of my favorite bands; this is probably my least favorite album by them, but only because the others are even better, not because this one is no good. This album gets lots of praise (well deserved) and some detraction, too (mostly Nirvana copycat or Nirvana capitalizers stuff) -- I tend to think that each side has some valid points, in fact. Whatever side you subscribe to, though, I think it'd be to your benefit to give both the band and their debut effort a try...I have little doubt that you'll be glad you did.
1. This Is a Call: Good opener, with an array of multiple riffs and good singing. A single, as well.
2. I'll Stick Around: Another single, and the best song on the album in my opinion. Starting with the awesome intro riff, and then the more relaxed verse. Everything about this song is awesome.
3. Big Me: Yet again a single, and a great video too. While the song isn't exactly the best album, it's still a good song, and shouldn't be skipped very often.
4. Alone+Easy Target: Another good song, with a relaxed verse, and then a fiery and strong chorus which is the highlight of the song. Not to skipped.
5. Good Grief: The lead guitar in this song is great, with the more depressing mood all throughout the track. Another great rock song.
6. Floaty: An absolutely brilliant intro really marks this song for me. A great song, with some good riffs and good singing by Dave.
7. Weenie Beenie: This could have been a killer song in my opinion had Dave sung normally instead that screaming effect, especially with the great guitar riffs all throughout the song.
8. Oh, George: A slower song, this is where the album starts to go into a somewhat decline, but not much. Not exactly my favorite on the album.
9. For All the cows: A much different song from anything else on the album, but it is a great song. The thunderous chorus is definitely a highlight of this album.
10. X-Static: I don't know why, but I have never grown to like this song at all.Read more ›
2. Read more