Foods: A Scientific Approach (3rd Edition) Paperback – Aug 11 1997
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This edition, written for readers who have an adequate background in chemistry, continues the emphasis of the scientific aspects of the study of foods. Drawing upon the basic sciences of chemistry, physics, microbiology, and physiology, it provides readers with an understanding of the complex nature of food and the changes that occur when it is prepared, processed and stored, whether at home, in the industrial kitchen, or in industry. The book integrates the theoretical and practical aspects involved in the production and handling of foods.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Household Hints
- Books > Education & Reference
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Food Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Food Science
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance