Formac Pocketguide to Prince Edward Island Birds: 130 Inland and Shore Birds Paperback – May 15 2002
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
By basil on Aug. 24 2015
An O.K. book. The hotspot chapter provided good summaries of places to bird on the island, however, the rare and exciting species that are mentioned as being found at these hotspots (black guillemot, peregrine falcon, razor bill, Wilson's storm-petrel) did not have species accounts in the book. I found the species accounts very lacking; most of the page is left blank and species habits are all but nonexistent. I also didn't like that common and readily I.D.able birds like yellow warbler and wood thrush were absent while Atlantic puffin (last reported sighting on the island on ebird.com is 1987) was present. This book is lacking but is an O.K. intro for new birders.
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
By Amazon Customer - Published on Amazon.com
Each page is devoted to one bird which identifies by flight pattern, egg, beak,size comparison to the book, and other easy visual aids. Each page follows the same format so you are not lost looking for details. It has a handy bird finder page in the back for rapid identification. Size 5.5 x 8.5
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Birds & Birdwatching > Excursion Guides
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Birds & Birdwatching > Field Guides
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Birds & Birdwatching > Excursion Guides
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Birds & Birdwatching > Field Guides
- Books > Travel > Canada > Provinces > Prince Edward Island
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Adventure > Birdwatching