Fortress-Churches of Languedoc: Architecture, Religion and Conflict in the High Middle Ages Hardcover – Jun 24 1994
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This book traces the relationship between military and religious realms as expressed in architecture across medieval Europe. The book also explores the larger context of fortification and authority in twelfth-century Languedoc and examines the dynamics of architectural exchange and innovation in the Mediterranean at a historically critical period.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Schools, Periods & Styles > Gothic
- Books > History > Europe > France
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Buildings > Religious Buildings
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > History > Gothic
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Architecture