- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Foundations of Expressive Arts Therapy: Theoretical and Clinical Perspectives Paperback – Sep 1 1998
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This book does succeed in laying common ground beneath so many individual approaches to therapy, with its emphasis upon the imagination, spontaneous creative expression and intermodal techniques. It will, I suspect, become a standard textbook for practitioners, and it is without doubt a treasure trove for researchers, but I think it also has much to offer the general reader, for all of these issues are fundamentally human ones and could have meaning to anyone. -- Research in Drama Education
About the Author
Stephen K. Levine is Associate Professor of Social Science at York University, Toronto as well as Co-Director of ISIS-Canada and Associate Dean and Director of the Doctoral Programme at the European Graduate School, Switzerland. He is the author of Poiesis: The Language of Psychology and the Speech of the Soul, also published by Jessica Kingsley. Ellen G. Levine is Co-Director of ISIS-Canada and is a Senior Staff Social Worker at the Hincks-Dellcrest Centre for Children's Mental Health. She is also a core faculty member of the European Graduate School, Switzerland and the author of Tending the Fire: Studies in Art, Therapy and Creativity.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Keep on writing those wonderful books. They are helpful and make the world a smarter place. Mrs. A
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre
- Books > Arts & Photography > Reference > Study & Teaching
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Compulsive Behaviour
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Research
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychopathology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy