- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Freedom of the Press 2005: A Global Survey of Media Independence Hardcover – Sep 29 2005
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
All over the world, governments are developing sophisticated methods to muzzle honest reporters and intimidate their editors. Through this invaluable survey, Freedom House shines the spotlight on the adversaries of press freedom, explains their techniques, and alerts the public to acts of repression. (Mara Liasson, national political correspondent, National Public Radio)
When it comes to understanding the state of freedom in the world, the world turns to Freedom House. As in past years, Freedom of the Press represents the definitive, state-of-the-art assessment of press freedom and the legal, political, and economic forces that support or undermine it. This report will put the glare of public attention on governments that deny press freedom, and will thereby help to open to light the dark corners of the world where information is controlled and journalists work in mortal peril. (Jeffrey D. Sachs, Columbia University, and special advisor to UN Secretary General Kofi Annan)
A very useful compendiummmmm (Communication Booknotes Quarterly)
The Freedom House annual survey of the status of press freedom around the world is the most accurate and consistent analysis of that most fundamental human right, without which democracy, the rule of law, and free markets cannot exist. It is the most useful reference guide for international government officials, business executives, and press freedom advocates. (James Ottaway, chair, World Press Freedom Committee)
A very useful compendium (Communication Booknotes Quarterly)
About the Author
Freedom House is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that supports democratic change, monitors freedom, and advocates for democracy and human rights.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Civil Rights & Liberties
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Reference
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Journalism
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Civil Rights