summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 7, 2016
Published in 2006 this book is, in a word, mesmerizing. A layered tale of truth and deceit and how they affect relationship. The suspense is enthralling...from the moment Jade staggers out of the jungle until the final resolution, Heitzmann expertly weaves an intriguing mix of clues around a heart-stirring romance. And, oh my, is it ever complicated! She breathes life into her characters. They are realistically flawed, plagued by unique insecurities that motivate their actions for good...or evil. I especially love the depth of connection to God seen in different characters. They don't always get it right but they keep trying. An uplifting and captivating read that I inhaled in one day.

And just because I can totally relate to this line from the book I feel the need to share: "...while he didn't look for God's hand in everything, he paid attention when it slapped him in the face." (p.141)
on May 30, 2011
I had heard that this was such a good author and the book sounded intriguing. I bought it and have always regretted it. I found this a very frustrating read and I almost gave up several times. The only thing that got me to finish is that I spent good money on it and I wanted to see if it got better. I found this book confusing and the clarity was not there. I heard from other people that they felt the same about this book, but that they've enjoyed other books by this author. I'd be willing to try again, but from the library and not by purchasing.
on April 6, 2015
I loved this story. I got hooked right from the beginning. I wanted to know what was going on and get to the bottom of it! I read it really quick because I couldn't put it down. I liked the romance. I wish she had more books. I lve flown through them.