- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
French Grammar in Context (French) Paperback – Mar 24 2014
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"This excellent book strikes a very good balance between exhaustivity and accessibility. Clear, lively, and engaging." - Christophe Gagne, Cambridge University, UK
"French Grammar in Context provides an indispensable, much needed integration of comprehensive grammar review with authentic language, a combination that both teachers and students can appreciate." - Lorie Heggie, Illinois State Universty, USA
"Drawing from authentic texts ― both literary and journalistic sources, which have been updated for this fourth edition ― makes the book engaging and gives the learner an opportunity to discover, or maybe rediscover, authors such as Camus, Queneau, Pre´vert, Stendhal, or Zola, among many others, through the lens of grammar...The texts and explanations are usefully supplemented by spoken and written exercises, with answers provided at the back, which will enable the student to build up knowledge and gain more confidence in handling the structures covered." - Michael Abecassis, University of Oxford, UK
"French Grammar in Context has a wealth of motivating texts and clear explanations of the main points of French grammar. It is well suited for independent practice and review, but also could be included in intermediate and advanced classes as a companion text or jumping off point if instructors supplement the book with more open-ended activities and contextual information about the authentic texts themselves." - Katie Beth Angus, University of Southern Mississippi, The LINGUIST List
About the Author
Margaret Jubb is Senior Lecturer in French at the University of Aberdeen.
Annie Rouxeville previously taught French at The Institute for Lifelong Learning, University of Sheffield.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > French
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > French
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Grammar
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages > French
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Creative Writing & Composition