Freud's Dream: A Complete Interdisciplinary Science of Mind Paperback – Sep 25 1995
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Freud's Dream is a first-rate study in the philosophy of science which traces the undoing of Freud's program to the interdisciplinary nature of his project, the closed epistemological structure of the psychoanalytic institutes, and the resulting homogeneity of the psychoanalytic community. Kitcher makes a convincing case that the interdisciplinary commitments of contemporary cognitive science makes it prone to some of the same problems that undid Freud's program.(Owen Flanagan, Professor of Philosophy, Duke University)
About the Author
Patricia Kitcher is Professor of Philosophy at the University of California, San Diego, and former President of the Society for Philosophy and Psychology.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Behavioural Psychology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Science
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Behavioural Psychology
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology